In times of expenses cut and productivity increase, companies benefit from adopting management software (ERP), mainly if they choose versions that are located in the Cloud. The advantages are numerous, but some professionals still feel a little doubtful about migrating their data to a completely web version. And it is about the benefits and precautions of such a changing that I would like to explain in this article.
It is necessary to demystify, at first, this concerning because nowadays a lot of companies already use many apps that are in the Cloud, like e-mail servers. However, to transfer management systems to the Cloud Version has been a strong commitment of the software developers themselves, who already created solutions to run in the Cloud.
According to a research disclosed recently by Gartner Group, the service of public Cloud will increase 18% in 2017, reaching business of US$246.8 billion. From this total, the services of Cloud implementation (Software like Service – SaaS) should increase 20.1%, making a total of US$46.3 billion. The same research shows that strategies for the adoption of Cloud will influence more than 50% of third part services in IT until 2020.
I bring this numbers to show that systems in Cloud gain increasingly strength, due to innumerous advantages presented by the model. Among them, I highlight eight benefits that are more relevant, which are:
- Lower cost: Choosing to have an ERP in the Cloud eliminates the need of high investments in infrastructure, room and dedicated professionals. Every system updates is made automatically by the developers, as well as maintenance, with no need of regular expenses. With this model, the guaranty of having an ERP environment in the desired standard profile gains strength, because the inside IT team starts to focus on the customer`s business.
Easy access: Having the possibility to access the system from anywhere, at anytime, through any device, including mobile, brings more agility to the business. Opening a new operation becomes a routine in the daily management of the ERP.
- Higher safety: The companies that provide the software in the Cloud, locate them in global platforms that follow strict safety standards, certifications and periodic updates against possible attacks and invasions. In short words, these companies invest in safety in the model “state of the art”, the latest technology always being used, because they depend on this credibility for their business.
- Business Continuity: Nowadays the guaranty of business continuity is a highly discussed issue in the strategic planning of the companies, having 99% of availability is mandatory in the IT goal, and the time effort x financial cost to reach this number in high. In the Cloud model, we have again a huge benefit in this point, because the business continuity becomes a “service” in the Cloud model.
- Easy Integration: Using an ERP in the Cloud means having a higher flexibility and scalability, because it can be implemented in modular way according with the need and demand of each company. Moreover, the Cloud version allows a higher facility in integrating the system with other software or additional applications. Mobility is standard; environment in Cloud is accessible in any dispositive or platform.
- Rapid implementation: The traditional 9 months for your team to start the first operations is an old scenario in the Cloud model, the average of time spent in the creation of infrastructure for an ERP environment is about 25% to 35% of the schedule. Starting the work with the first operations is something possible I the 4 initial months of the project, because the environment is already installed.
- Simplified upgrade: This is one of the biggest differentials to the business; the system update makes your company totally aligned with the most strategic resources for Compliance and business issues. Having this guaranteed by the ERP manufacturer is, again, to turn the inside IT goal to the business.
- Sustained increase: Having a dynamic technologic environment to the business changing is mandatory for the business financial health. The ERP in Cloud makes it possible, increase or reduce operations becomes a systemic configuration, simple, reliable and fast.
An industry with agility has never been so important like nowadays. The delay to adapt to a new tax rule, a new logistic process or a new commercial model can be the differential to a positive or negative result. In this point, a model of ERP in Cloud is a big strategic differential.
To have these benefits, it is important that the company search for reliable partners, consultants and suppliers at the time of the implementation of its IT project. Therefore, the company will be able to rely on the potential that the new technologies bring to business.